Click Here to go back to the blog list.
PR- Our Top 10 Tips for Success
How do you go about getting your PR off the ground? These are our top 10 tips.....
- More inches for your money- PR is cost-effective. A good PR consultant should ensure you get more column inches for your money.
- Flood warning! The worst thing you can do is continually send out press releases or emails about yourself and/or your business. Don't flood the press!
- Who do you want to contact? Is your story for the news pages? The business pages? Know your target audience and get to know who writes what.
- Timing is everything- so think about it! When should you issue a press release? And never ever miss a deadline.
- Size matters! And bigger doesn't mean better. Your press release or email pitch needs to be concise and to the point. And give the flowery language a miss as journalists see right through this. They don't have time for it.
- Get your facts right! Names, addresses, titles, spelling, grammar, quotes- these are crucial. Make sure anyone quoted gives you their permission. You don't want to be held responsible for libel or slander.
- Get online- never underestimate the power of online magazines and social networking.
- Every picture tells a story- so good quality photographs are a must and should be issued with every press release.
- Where's my story? Manage your own expectations. Journalists get hundreds of emails everyday and not every story will be used. It can take several weeks before your story might appear- longer with monthly publications.
- Keep out! In some instances you want to keep your brand or name out of the media. Reputation management is key in a crisis.